Statistics from a webinar hosted by Neustar.
- 72.2% of wireless users have paid for SMS packages. This equates to 203 million Americans.
- 57% of wireless users 13+ are considered regular text message users.
- There has been a 107% increase in text message use in the USA in the past year.
- 2.5 billion text messages are sent each day in the USA.
- More text messages are sent per phone than phone calls. The average text messages used per month is 357 compared to 204 cell phone calls.
- 15 million Americans used video on their cell phones in quarter two, 2008.
- 138 million Americans have sent a text message in the past three months.